I've been reflecting on this last month this morning and after reading a few posts from some of my favourite blogs, it got me thinking about the scenes behind my blog. That, together with a not so pleasant e-mail about my "wonderful life" a few days ago have been playing on my mind. So, this will be a little post about the scenes behind this blog, the truth if you like.
- Fact: My husband was unfairly dismissed from work in late May 2012 and suffered a relapse in his schitzo-affective-psychotic disorder and was re-admitted to a mental health unit to rehabilitate his unquiet mind.
- Fact: We have his tribunal next week and he became acutely unwell again over this past week, fortunately he has been able to be treated at home with medication. I live on a daily knife edge with the potential of him becoming unwell again.
- Fact: We live by the grace of God. Yes, we are Christians and get asked why we don't celebrate Halloween at this time of the year and go to Church. I'm used to it and my faith far over rides any poking or jabbing I might have from different people about believing in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I have family and friends of all different beliefs and faiths and I do not judge them for this. Quite the opposite really, I embrace all people I know and meet and love them for who they are.
- Fact: I work 40 plus hours a week in a vocation that I absolutely love and feel very privileged to work in but it also takes it's toll supporting people who are coming to terms on an emotional roller coaster with their prognosis and treatment options with a new Cancer diagnosis. I am humbled to be in a position to support and care for them. I value each day at work and am very grateful to have a job.
- Fact: I am a Dietitian and I appreciate the daily struggle with keeping healthy and watching what I eat and keeping myself active and balanced. Hey, we are human too :o)
- Fact: I love my family and am fiercely faithful to them and loyal to all my friends
- Fact: We always have holidays and day trips anywhere on a shoe string and love the challenge of finding alternative ways to keep the costs down, it's part of the fun.
- Fact: Just about everything in our house is second hand, old or vintage if you like, we believe in recycling and being thrifty whilst still enjoying good quality design if we can get our hands on it.
- Fact: I have this blog to be my happy self on and love that I've 'met' so many gorgeous creative people. Thank you so much for all your inspiration, comments and conversation. I hope we can carry on enjoying each other's company.
- Fact: I love making, doing, creating things whether it's baking, planting a few seeds to grow some tomatoes, knitting socks, sewing patches on worn out jeans, drawing and playing with paints and crayons, cooking a new recipe, picking flowers, writing letters...etc etc. I have a busy, creative and scientific mind and my blog is a place to record these fun things.
- Fact: I am an optimist at heart and a sheer romantic. I love poetry and good literature.
- Fact: There are times when I just want to run away for a while and escape where I am at.
- Fact: I don't have a perfect, happy-go-lucky life but yes I do think it's wonderful.
- Fact: I'm starting November with a bang, going to see The Unthanks at the De La Warr Pavilion tomorrow night. Pop, bang and whizzzz.....
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Forgive me please, but
I just needed to clarify a few things.
Here's to another day behind the scenes of this blog!
How about you? What's going on in the scenes behind your blog?
ps. If you want a chance at winning some skinny yarn in my little give-away check out this post here