Monday 3 October 2011

Patience is not my virtue right now



Ok, so I'm not going to talk about my cough and lack of voice, instead it's all about little snippets of family time when I did manage to stay awake this weekend(!) and silently {zip over my mouth} get some fresh air in the park and down the beach on Saturday and Sunday.


Do you get the feeling that brewing between those lines is my undeniable IMpatience at still trying to shake this virus (yes I was in denial that it was just a cold) off! Enough of bug talk, lets focus on the brighter side of life or I might just chase you all away with my self pity. Lets talk crochet instead...




I took Alice and a friend to one of our local parks on Saturday afternoon to have fun on the zip wire and other more modern park amusements trying to get kids moving these days. Gone are the simple roundabouts and swings from my childhood in this particular park. Oh no now I am sounding grumpy... sorry.




Back to the crochet,the park bench as a perfect place of inspiration under the oak tree to start a little new project. What do you think of my colour choices? I have a thing for olive green and bought the two greens a while back in the summer. They are Debbie Bliss Rialto aran yarns and are so soft and easy to play hooky with. The brown is from my stash which I bought cheaply in a local Aldi store in the spring.


I thought they would all look rather oak tree / acorn like together and so I managed to get a little energy together to start a new project as we welcome the autumn in. It is nice to do some simple stripy crochet again xox




Talking of which... what autumn? we've all be asking down here on the coast. It's all been about flip flops and suntan lotion, no scarves, woollies and socks these past few days. We went to the beach yesterday afternoon and it felt like the south of France for free! The water was a millpond of heavenliness and the atmosphere and sea air rejuvenating.




Dreamy indeed




Thinking about autumnal colours I promise :0)


Whilst Andy and Alice braved the water for a swim I had a relaxing read of a new magazine I discovered in WH Smith's called Oh Comely. It's a magazine about people and their quirks and creativity and is beautifully presented with stunning photography and delicious printed paper. 




I like the quote under the title "keep your curiosity sacred".




It cost £4.00 but was worth the treat this month. They have a blog too {here} which is worth a visit too for beautiful stories and photographs.


Despite being under the radar with no energy and lust for life I have still managed to capture beautiful moments and precious family time this weekend. To top it all, little miss and big mr lavished me with tissues, tuck-in's and doing those domestic grizzlies. There are some bonuses to being unwell (he he).




Wishing you all a fabulous week ahead and see you soon xox


14 comments:

  1. Oh Penelope all you can do is rest.. nasty bug, I have a cold at the moment...and my two children, a house of bugs. I just said to my daughter that this is the first time that I have had 'just' a cold, I usually get the flu, full body aches, drained of all energy, blocked nose, sore throat...you know what I mean. I hope that little bit of sun has done you the world of good.
    x Sandi
    Bless your hubby and Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flip flops and pebbles and lots and lots of sunshine.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're finally on the road to recovery. These nasty viruses have a habit of lingering so let's hope that lovely sea air has done you the world of good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things are finally on the up for you now. The sun at the weekend will have helped I have no doubt. And by the sound of it lots of TLC from your lovelies. It all helps.

    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're still under the weather - such a rotten time to be ill.

    We've taken full advantage of the weather and had blissful time swimming in the sea over the weekend - it was heavenly. I wish it would last forever - I said to hubby today that the ideal would be 2 weeks of snow over Christmas and then this weather for the rest of the year, with a few rainy days here and there.:)

    The magazine looks wonderful - I must look out for it.

    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I do hope you are well again soon. Sun sea and crochet sound like good medicine though :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. We must be mad crocheting scarves whilst the weather is so mad. I've almost finished the one I'm doing.

    We went to the coast today - amazing how busy it was despite it being October!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo! I have to get that magazine! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon. Loving your color scheme. The yarns are so yummy together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ ~ ❀ ~ ♥ ~ ❀
    nice!
    I love´t
    from Chile
    c@
    ♥ ~ ❀ ~ ♥ ~ ❀

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, I simply wished to say you WILL feel better soon! I sympathise as I too (there are hoards of people with viruses here in France despite the glorious weather we have had) felt like it was dragging on and on... my cold, that is ;-)

    I am so impatient when poorly.

    Enjoy your crochet and dreaming about future projects and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    It has been a lovely weekend hasn't it?
    I love the photo of the boat on the calm sea, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked that magazine up too, then put it back, I still haven't found the time to read Country Living, Country Homes and Interiors AND Mollie Makes properly, but now I've seen it, um well...! The weather was fabulous this weekend wasn't it? Shame we weren't around long enough to see you. Hope that cursed virus is well on the way to being cured now and you are getting your strength back. Love the autumnal crochet.
    love Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope you are feeling better? Everything feels far more difficult if a virus has taken hold doesn't it :(
    Your stripy crochet is looking fab! I really love your colour combo, green is one of my fave colours :)

    Happy hooking

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete