I love it when House of Humble blog does their everyday posts of "10 Good Things Right Now" and thought I might try it myself for I am an optimist at heart and like to focus on the good things in my life and there are many indeed. So here goes...
- Two old keys for £1 and a pretty glass button for 50p found in a junk shop last week
- Our beautiful girl messing around on the beach
- Watching my annual potted lily open up yesterday, it always amazes me when it keeps returning year after year
- Tying shells on string to wrap round our little picnic basket when we go down to the beach
- Attempting to knit a DK teal coloured waist coat for the autumn... I really am pants at doing any patterns (maybe not paying enough attention whilst doing a bit of psso and yarn fwd?!) so I might just make life easier for myself and knit a cable instead
- Getting over the top excited about my new pair of Swedish clog sandals arriving in the post, at heart I am a clippity cloppity clog kind of gal and love the cool geeky-ness of these shoes
- Smiling at Alice's sense of humour when I discovered Mr. Pirate on one of our outside ledges where I collect driftwood, shells and pebbles
- Picking flowers and eating too many Tunnocks caramel wafers
- Laughing at what I may very well knit from this hilarious book I bought for £2.99 from The Works in Eastbourne in one of my lunch time breaks this week
- Loving the Olympics and this beautiful Union Jack* poster Alice made with some of her crafty bits and bobs and my ric rac and buttons...amazing what Summer time school holiday boredom can produce!
Thank you once again for your comments, I do love reading them and try to visit your blogs if I can. Warm welcome to those who regularly pop in and to new followers Anita's dolly, Hens rule and Cariad in Crete
So that's all folks.
I am off to Brighton this evening to stay at my mother-in-law whom Andy and Alice have been with since Wednesday.
Wishing you all 10 good things right now.
See you soon
*Just in case if some of you were wondering she did also make a little sparkly South African flag for our window after a little nudge from her african mama ;O)