So here goes with some of the little things that have added to my week;
1. Simple chickpea, tomato and spinach soup with my experiment of mini bhaji and potato pasties which made a yummy accompaniment.
2. 50p Small Burton china swan which will take a little posy of flowers this Spring.
3. Sewing a new duvet cover from old Horrocks sheets on Saturday morning. It was freezing sewing in the unheated attic, but I loved getting my overlocker my mum gave me for my 40th birthday out.
4. Planning which of my old crochet doilies to sew onto the cover
5. Charity shop sales in January (I can't remember this normally happening?)and snapping up this embroidery thread for 25p per colour on Saturday afternoon.
6. A one quid cotton baby pink baby blanket which I plan to up-cycle to something pretty for a friend's little 2 year old girl.
So that's a few snippets of my past week. How about you? Hope your second January week has given some joy?
Have a delightful weekend
I am on the brink of finishing knitting a hat for myself and have painstakingly pulled out the one I knitted for Andy a couple of years ago since it has stretched beyond belief after realising that I used DK instead of 4 ply! Two years down the line I can say that I have learnt a little something about actually following the yarn weight recommendations for the pattern :o)