I tried very hard to see the simple, more happy bits of this past week but, my goodness it was hard. I just had a poo week. Felt blue, nostalgic and sad. I also have had a cold which didn't help and quite frankly I just wanted to run away to a warmer place with Andy and have some fun again. An odd roller coaster ride week of ups and downs. I think like with most things in life the downs are attributed to a mixture of things, I am pleased to say that I am feeling better now and can relax and enjoy the weekend.
So, my 14th week of 2013 of little smiley things included:
- A new handkerchief from Liberty. I don't know about you, but I have always used handkerchiefs and I know some of you may be thinking, how gross and terribly unhygienic, but you see it stems from me being a little girl and wanting to be just like my Grandpa who used them always. I do use tissues to blow my nose, and just use the handkerchiefs (which are just so soft) to dab on my sore, sniffly nose.
- I loved all these soft colours in a display in a shop I went into over Easter.
- I always like to look up in towns and cities I visit. There is so much more above eye level. If I find a gargoyle it always makes my day. The colours of this building and someones front door made me happy.
- I saw this pink bicycle stand with Spring fresh flowers on Thursday when I stopped in in the village of Alfriston to buy myself a sandwich in my lunch half hour.It was freeeeezing on Thursday with icy flurries coming down from the sky, but this pink cheered me up somewhat.
- We had our Wedding Anniversary this week too, sweet Alice bought us a card and some chocs and Andy wrote a beautiful message in a card to me. I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even get him a card, we don't normally bother with cards and presents, so I was surprised to get one. It meant a lot after the weird downs I have had this week.
- I've been sewing and playing with vintage sheet squares too.
- Lastly I bought a book for Alice to read these Easter hols and also decided to treat myself to a frivolous Easter read too. I liked the title of this and after reading the blurb on the back thought it would be a light, amusing read. The thought of going to bed for a year also appealed to me too :o) Well at least until the sun starts to come out!
I hope you are all well and have had snippets of simple smiley moments too. Sorry if I sound a bit negative, just being true to myself.
Take care and see you all soon