Friday 15 March 2013

Hello mosaic




I loved making this mosaic mirror, despite the few cuts on my finger, the grouting process brought it all together on Wednesday evening. I am still polishing it and scraping off little bits of grout on some of the plates and tiles, its by no means perfect but I love it! I love the zing of orange with blue and some of the quirky little "scenes" I captured from some of the plates.

I have never made a mosaic before, however this experience was a blissful, relaxing and fun filled one with 4 other gorgeous women.

I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance to have a go. 

Thanks for all your fun comments on my last post, I have loved reading them!
See you soon
xox
Penny

10 comments:

  1. Your mosaic is so lovely...I love all the sparkly pieces and bits with birds in it...well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! I love it, Penny, I really do. I'd love to have a go. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely be-yoo-ti-ful. I love all the special little pictures ... especially the birds and the Regency couple.

    How about a tutorial on this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the zingy orange in there Penny, fab! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I scrolled down very slowly in anticipation of the reveal then - pow - it did not disappoint! The colours are gorgeous together and the detail keeps you interested. Gold star! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! I like how the blue & orange sit together. Can we have a tutorial please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous, you did a brilliant job...clever clogs!

    Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's wonderful :) Never made a mosaic before but looks fun, I particularly like the blue & white china, especially the two little birds - swallows? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mosaic, especially the sunburst at the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Penny! And it's so summery ... just the sight/thought I needed on another dismal winter's day. (Please will someone tell the weather we're nearly at the equinox!)

    ReplyDelete