Sunday 9 March 2014

Crochet pebbles

Have you had a lovely relaxing sun filled weekend? We have been blessed with warm sun shine here on the South East Coast and it has been blissful just to feel such a sense of hope for the Spring and Summer ahead of us. My favourite sign of this hope is when I hang washing on the line for the first time after the Winter and today was that day. I love sun dried clothing, it feels and smells so fresh and comforting and always reminds me of my childhood.

I have been on the beach pebble collecting this weekend and have enjoyed doing a little decorating with crochet. Not only do I love the smoothness of the pebbles and all their individual colours, I just love the way they feel once I have covered them in cotton with some pretty crochet stitches.

I decided to use white this time, I have used various other colours to crochet over pebbles in the past, but this weekend I wanted pure and fresh white only.

Making these is fairly easy if you know the basics of crocheting and have access to some pretty pebbles. There are plenty of patterns on the net and I followed a couple (as seen above)from this lovely book which I got out of our local library.

I was rather pleased to make up my own design for this black pebble, it just kind of happened once I had finished the two patterns. I'm rather pleased with it.

They look rather sweet together and are very comfortable to hold.

Last, but not least I was thoroughly spoilt with winning this wonderful giveaway from the lovely Lazy Daisy Jones who can be found here. Thank you so much Daisy, you have thoroughly spoilt me(sorry I have just realised I forgot to put that yummy crochet hook and hand gel in the photo!). I am so looking forward to doing some seriously chunky crocheting xox

Enjoy your week ahead and thanks for visiting

xox

 

15 comments:

  1. What a novel idea to do the crochet covers for the stones you collected! Love it!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've dried washing on the line for the first time this year today too Penny. There was lots of laundry sniffing as I put it away this evening.
    Love your crochet pebbles, it's something I keep meaning to try....maybe for my summer shelves :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was almost tempted to do two loads yesterday to fill the line up, I love the smell of washing that has dried outdoors, crochet covers for pebbles, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No sunshine here yet ... fingers crossed it arrives this week ... I love line dried washing too ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hasn't this sunshine just be magnificent and fortunately it seems like we have been blessed with it again today, what a gift! I love your gorgeous pebbles and their pretty crochet covers, how clever are you!! Lucky gal for winning that fab gift, one I clearly missed. Sending you much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about your crochet pebbles the other day for some reason, and then you pop up with a crochet pebble post!! How odd is that hey! Glad that you are enjoying getting out and about. Great giveaway items that you were lucky to receive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pebbles look fabulous. Ive always loved tge look of these but I've just never seem to get around to doing them.
    Love, Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those pebbles penny they look so sophisticated all together. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been beautiful hasn't it, yes we've been blessed alright! I'm just imagining a beach full of crocheted pebbles! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like those crochet adorned pebbles, and I like your design best of all.

    Here's hoping the sun keeps shining on us all in the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely crochet adorned pebbles, I think they would be beautiful in a nice basket with a few pieces of driftwood.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and tactile project, I have seen crochet pebbles before but never tried them - now I'm inspired! So lovely having them all grouped together...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen these here and there and always think how attractive they are. They make good paperweights, or just lovely decorative objects. I bet they feel lovely in the hand. I like the way they marry together your love of the beach and of yarn, Penny. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen the crochet pebbles before and I am amazed at how beautiful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a very interesting information, with this insight we are getting, thanks a lot for various information

    cara mengobati syaraf kejepit di punggung,cara mengobati gula basah,cara alami menyembuhkan mata silinder,cara mengobati tulang memar,bahaya kanker lambung stadium awal,cara menyembuhkan benjolan di mulut rahim,cara mengobati penyakit atelektasis,cara cepat menurunkan berat badan berlebihan,cara menyembuhkan kram usus,obat pembersih kerak usus herbal,cara alami mengobati pengerasan hati,cara mengobati penyakit miopi,cara alami menyembuhkan kista tiroid,cara mengatasi kejang demam pada anak,cara cepat menghancurkan batu empedu,cara alami menyembuhkan penyakit lupus,cara menyembuhkan kanker saluran empedu,obat radang selaput dada tradisional,cara menyembuhkan penyumbatan usus,pengobatan alternatif tumor hati,cara alami menyembuhkan kencing nanah,cara menyembuhkan turun berok,cara mengatasi maag kambuh saat puasa,obat herbal kelenjar getah bening di ketiak,obat chikungunya tradisional,obat kanker laring tradisional,cara menyembuhkan sirosis hati,obat penyakit wasir tradisional,cara alami menyembuhkan stroke ringan,obat kencing manis,cara menyembuhkan kulit melepuh,obat tradisional abses kulit,cara menyembuhkan kanker kelenjar ludah,cara menyembuhkan tbc tulang,suplemen alami penambah nafsu makan anak,obat gondok beracun tradisional,cara menyembuhkan benjolan di belakang telinga,obat tradisional kanker kolorektal,cara menyembuhkan pembesaran limpa,cara menyembuhkan tbc kelenjar,obat pembengkakan kelenjar tiroid herbal,cara menyembuhkan kanker esofagus,

    ReplyDelete