Saturday 30 November 2013

52 weeks of Happy 48/52

Oh my, there are so many things for me to be thankful for this week I don't know where to begin and of course I haven't been able to capture nearly half as many of them. However, I did take the odd snap shot and just had to show you these sweet reindeers I found in a charity shop last weekend. They are tiny and apparently are supposed to be used for putting on Christmas cakes. I couldn't resist whipping them up for 50p and taking them home to pop in one of my garden pots. Alice has already adopted 3 of them for a Christmas printers-type tray house she is making in her crafty arts classes.



Talking of Alice, I have been secretly making her a crocheted pressie for this Christmas and will reveal all once it is finished. It's hard not to get happy with some hooky fun.


I went into Hastings old town last weekend and loved this simple idea of small clay pot plants being used for tea light candles. I love a candle light room I do. 


I bought another little green glass decoration to add to my chandelier crystal and glass decoration from last year to hand in the window.


Loving a bit of street art.


Loving this knitting woolly window display in a shop in the Old town again. Such a simple but clever idea and it's not even a yarn shop!


I had a really exhausting, but insipring time at my conference on Thursday and Friday at the Royal Marsden Hospital. The overnight stay really helped and my colleague Karen and I shared a lovely twin room after a nice dinner out in South Kensington, followed by a hot cup of tea and magazines in bed. It was good fun being with her, she has a wicked sense of humour.

I bought myself a copy of Homes and Antiques as a treat and the pages inside did not disappoint. Loving this candy coloured home.

 
 
I think that's about it. It's always good to be back home again. I feel overwhelmed with the mountain of stuff I need to do this weekend, but will get through it all I am sure.
Wishing you all a wonderful Winter/Summer weekend.
xox
See you soon
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, love your sweet reindeer and the colours you are using for the surprise prezzie.
    Those magazine images are so bright and cheerful too....just what we need in winter.
    Glad the conference went well.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking up on your good feelings here, Penny. And some of it has rubbed off on me, hving felt so glum lately. I hope you enjoyed the conference - I've been on a few Health Visiting ones and always met up with old friends dotted about the country. And learned something, of course. Lovely colourful and cheerful post, just what I needed! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely happies again Penny ... how lovely to have fun away with your friend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you found some nice things along the way. The reindeer are gorgeous, i must find some! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm horribly behind with every one's blogs ... but once I stop feeling guilty about that it's actually quite nice to call by and find two or three posts to catch up on. So many great things in this post Brilliant candle ideas. And I think you've tempted me to get out and buy Homes and Gardens!

    Have a lovely weekend Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Penny,

    You sound happy, which makes me smile! It's lovely to see glimpses of your colourful week and to read how much you enjoyed your time away. I hope you get through your pile of to-dos this weekend serenely. And enjoy the secret crochet project: the colours are fabulous!

    Warmest wishes from another candle lover.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that the conference went well and that you had a good time with your friend. I love candles too, they make everything seem so cosy don't they. Hope that this week is just as good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a great happy post and yours is tip top!!
    bestest to you and Alice
    Daisy....x
    Ps I forgot to say you CAN draw...your cards are simply stylish..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those little deer, they're really tiny and sweet. I hope you have a great week. I'd love to see Alice's school project if you don't mind sharing it, I think it sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a good trip to London Town and a friend to share it with, though it sounds like there was some hard work too!

    I love glass ornaments! The green one is lovely. Your secret present looks very interesting ... and those reindeer look fantastic in a plant pot. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased that you had a lovely time in London and I have also been swooning over the pages of this months Homes and Antiques, especially those. I love your little reindeer they are so so cute and they look very much at home in the plant pot. Your new green glass ornament is so beautiful and it looks lovely as a trio. Enjoy your advent Penny xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those sweet little deer and gorgeous crochet colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I have a case of wanty, those little deer are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I've just popped over from Ladybird Diaries, I wanted to see who sent her such sweet decorations on the swap! You have a lovely blog, your creations are beautiful! I also love those little deer and baubles, they would bring me many a smile in our house! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those deer are so cute and I can't wait to see what the crocheted pressie is!

    ReplyDelete