Monday 4 November 2013

Wild strawberry



When Alice and I went up to London last week, I had to take something small and light with me for the 2 hour train journey. I couldn't carry my almost finished baby blanket round with me (too heavy and bulky) and I hadn't wound up 2 skeins of yarn I want to knit with so did not want to take them with me for fear of getting myself into a tangle on the train. So, it was decided that I would take my Vanessa Mooncie crochet accessories book with my teeny tiny 0.75mm hook and some fine red, green and gold cotton with me.


I am so pleased that I was able to crochet this tiny wild strawberry as my very first handmade Christmas gift for this year. It's super cute and as you can see the green leafy bit has a loop through which I will be crocheting a fine black chain to be hung as a necklace.


I think I am rather pleased with how this little berry turned out and hope the recipient gets as much joy from it as I did in the making of it. All I need now is a wee little cardboard box, some cotton wool and some pretty paper to wrap it up in.

Let the Christmas making begin!
xox
See you all soon
 
ps. Have you started making anything for Christmas pressies? 

14 comments:

  1. Penny that is the most gorgeous little piece of art! Wonderful. The recipient will be very lucky and will love it I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. I'm sure the recipient will love it. I like to make the boxes too!! In fact the gift size is partly governed by - "can I make a box for it"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming idea to make a necklace out of your sweet little strawberry! I was just playing around trying to make little red round berries yesterday for a Christmas idea I have -- isn't it fun to crochet tiny little things?! That's why I like crochet so much... It's so versatile!

    Beata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I get to the stage where I can do that. For the moment I'm sticking to granny squares as I still need to master reading a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We make our own crackers and I always struggle for small gifts...great idea, will give it a go. Eco Ethel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely and will look beautiful on a necklace...a gorgeous gift. I have started the Christmas making here too...
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable! Strawberries have a very special place in my heart and I love this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little gift (oops, sorry, no pun intended) It would be lovely to open a little box and find it nestled inside.

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and a fab train project! I haven't been able to start any Christmas presents because I've gone and got RSI! Well I haven't been able to knot or crochet so I may turn to sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, Penny. And might I say your lovely ring looks beautiful too! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so adorable, a special gift indeed. Yes, as you know I have just started my Christmas gift knitting and have just been trawling through Ravelry for more inspiration.
    Have a lovely week, hope you enjoyed 'the Smoke'. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely little strawberry. How crafty of you to do this kind of fine thread work :-)

    ReplyDelete