Sunday 10 November 2013

Baby blanket Ta-dah


Here it is, my latest creation for my Sister-in-Law, Fiona who is expecting her second baby in March next year. I have loved making this from Drops Paris 100% cotton. I used 3 balls of each colour plus one more of the beige for the finishing border and edge.


This blanket weighs 750g and feels lush and creamy and yummy. I must say that the cotton was a bit on the "splitty" side, but I didn't let that stop me.


I used a 4mm instead of the recommended 5mm crochet hook to make each treble stitch a little tighter and more snug.


I only added this edge at the top of the blanket and made it up as I went along. I quite like how it's turned out. A little crown like edging fit for a little prince or princess.


As you can see this little blanket had to come out on location with me for it to be shown in its entirety. I like the colours I chose, simple and solid.


I especially adore the combination of mustard and turquoise.


So there it is, just needing to be wrapped up and put under the Christmas Tree for baby bump.

I loved making this and miss not having it to work on already, I think I might just have to make a grown up version of this sometime.
 
Thanks so much for visiting
xox
See you all soon


21 comments:

  1. Ooooh that's lovely! It looks so cosy and snugly, lucky baby bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and looks so cosy, definitely worth doing an adult size one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful Penny, and I am sure that your sister in law (and bump in due course) will love it. What a great Christmas gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks so cozy and soft. Congrats on a great finish.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Penny! The gold and turquoise are lovely together.....perfect pressie....nothing for it, I think you should start on another blanket as soon as possible, I can't do without a blanket on the go, as you've already probably guessed! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful ... I love the colours ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so gorgeous! Lucky baby. I like the way you've chosen bold and modern colours rather than pastels. I find most cotton yarn quite splitty but I think it's worth it for the weight and feel of it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Penny , I love your latest blanket. The bold colour blocks are stunning and cotton is such a great choice for this project.
    Love the edging too.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really beautiful. I am sure they will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. I love that you used colors that can *grow* with the baby. I hate baby blankets that have to be put away when they become too babyish. This one will be loved for many, many years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Penny! It turned out great :) You really nailed it with combination of mustard and blue colors. Lovely blanket, and baby will surely feel cozy and comfy wrapped in it or covered with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so lovely and cozy, really nice.

    Lluisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous is that! I love your colour choices Penny, which are very 'you' :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's gorgeous, I can see why you want to carry on. Just keep rolling on those colours blocks, not too many end either! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is lovely, and especially I like the crown edging! I know what you mean about cotton - it does split but it is so lovely to crochet with. (yes, even me that doesn't do much in the knitting/crocheting line!) I'm sure it will be very happily received! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so soft, and I love the grownup colour scheme! This baby will have a sophisticated taste in colours from day 1. You should definitely make one for yourself. :)

    P.S. The crown edging is a great idea - it really pops on just one edge like that! Lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a gorgeous blanket! It looks so soft and cosy and I love the colour scheme you chose.
    Thank you for joining in with the Christmas swap, I have paired everyone up and you have been partnered with....me! Looking forward to swapping with you!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Penny, this is beautiful, one very lucky baby there to have such a lovely blanket to snuggle in! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Penny I love the colours...and the stitch.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I just love the colours Penny and the little border is just so sweet! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO beautiful and I love the colours you've chosen...Mel x

    ReplyDelete