Sunday 19 January 2014

Frederick Barbosa II

Would you like to meet Frederick Barbosa II? He is our new bunny boy that had his arms, legs, ears and tail sewn on yesterday?


He was christened yesterday evening by Alice who is determined that he is a boy and despite me pointing out why I thought he might be a bit more girly, she is determined he is a boy and promptly gave him his name. She has allowed me to call him "Freddy" as a compromise!

I must say that he has turned out rather sweet and has already carved a space into our hearts. I crocheted him from some Aran beige wool I had left over from another project and some Aran Noro yarn from my stash. The pattern can be found in the September (2013)issue of Inside Crochet and despite being a bit fiddly to make and sew together, I think he has come together rather well.

This fabric was given to me at a street market in Brighton last year from a kind man who saw me admiring it and wondering if it was a Liberty print. Not sure about where the fabric comes from? I still like it though and have enough left over to incorporate into a patchwork or make a small purse if I like.

So there we have it a new bunny boy to plop on Alice's bed. He's definitely got that home made look about him, one arm and leg fatter and longer than the other. One ear bigger than the other and some odd stitching, just the way we like it round here. I don't know about you, but I always get excited about knitting or crocheting bunnies and teddies and then when I am half way through think it's harder than what it looked like and takes much more time and effort than initially thought. Always worth it in the end and I vow never to make another until the next cute one comes my way!

Other than that there has been a lot of veggie soup and home made bread munching going on around here to warm the cockles of our hearts on the chilly evenings and a little bit of playing around with some cotton and a hook.

I have a thing about geometry at the moment after being re-taught by Alice this past week! Amazing how I can just about remember to calculate the degrees of angles after all these years! Little did I know that maths would hold me in good stead in my fourties with a hook and yarn in hand :o)

Happy days to you all this coming week

I have seen a few photos of snowdrops on Instagram this weekend, so exciting the thought of tiny little blossoms everywhere.

xox

See you soon

Ps. I am now on Instagram now and loving it x

21 comments:

  1. Oh I love Frederick Barbosa II - what a lovely little face he has. Homemade bunnies are the best kind. Our snowdrops have just started coming up this weekend - I was so excited when I spotted them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Frederick Barbosa II - I think he needs a pirate hat!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny I adore Frederick, he is magnificent and I am sure Alice does too. How clever you are, I am still doing granny squares which I have to do very slowly or else I make mistakes, would love to attempt a Frederick. Your soup looks delicious, I am into soup myself at the moment and fresh bread too. A great post Penny, thanks so much, big hugs
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FB II looks rather handsome. I do admire such skills. I lack these but do enjoy looking at other people's work. Elinor x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Freddie is very cute! I can quite see why he has taken your hearts! Hope that you have a good week and that you see some real live actual snowdrops very soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Freddy too!....as for instagram so pleased you are there too, its been nice chatting this weekend...I do fear IG addiction though do you?
    bestest as ever d x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunny is darling. I am very excited about spring. I bought a couple of bunches of daffodils and I walk past two trees each day on my way to and from the station that have blossomed. Maybe I'll Instagram a picture if I get to see them at all this week in daylight (although they do also look very pretty in moonlight!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Frederick! He is gorgeous, and I love his name! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Penny and HELLO Frederick!! How cute is he!! I love all his imperfections and he should have them all, we all do right! You have done a lovely job with him and I love the fabric you chose for his ears, so lovely. I am also loving the look of the gorgeous blue triangles, lovely colour! Yummy looking soup and PS I am loving you being on IG, I so love it, isn't it just fab!! Sending much love sweetie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love....Mr Bea has a new contender! You are so talented :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love little Freddy, and is name is just fantastic! He has come out great, a proper wee character!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spotted my first snowdrops in full bloom this morning - so cheering. As for Freddy... I'm in awe! I can't crochet to save my life.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Freddy is adorable, and of course he is a boy! How could you think otherwise?
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Frederick ... what a cutie ... and I did a little happy dance when I saw some snowdrops in my mum-in-law's garden ... spring will come ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Freddy is gorgeous, I love his fabric ears. We have some snowdrops in our garden - I did get quite excited when I first saw them. Off to find you on Instagram! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute little bunny! He is perfectly homemade and all the right proportions for it if you ask me! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Frederick is cool, is he a piratey bunny with a name like Barbosa?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow a boy can see why too, he does have a boyishness about him. They are super fiddle but so lovely when they're done aren't they Penny. I haven't been on Instagram for a while now, trying hard to actually read a book. There's just too much to fill time up with isn't there. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cutie Penny and such an upstanding name too! Glad you're having such fun on Instagram, it is rather addictive :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww he's lovely, I like his flowery ears especially!

    http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/ (I have a new blog, by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  21. MY NAME IS "ISABELLA LUCAS" I'm so excited my broken Marriage has been fixed and restored.. My husband is back after he had left me and our 2 kids and moved to D.C with another woman.. When he left me and moved to be with the woman, I truly and really do love him with all I've got and been heartbroken, I have to deal with a lot of depression and needing medical attention having had two heart attack after he left me... Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really so hurt and i needed a lot of help anywhere I can find. Then i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested Dr okoso ( OKOSOTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM )can help me get my husband back with a love spell.. So I felt i give him a try. I contacted him and he gave me some spell instructions which I did,, then he did a (Love spell) on my husband. 48 hours later, my husband called me to apologize and that he's coming back home..OMG I couldn't believe, the spell was so fast and then when I got home from work,He was back, he promised he would love me till death and not part with me or the kids again...I want this testimony to inspire everyone around the world who need help in their relationship or marriage..Please contact him Dr okoso the spell caster~ OKOSOTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM
    Or call him/WhatsApp +2348104720961

    ReplyDelete