I think my little idea worked in a way and despite me not capturing all the positive things that came out of 2013 (it was too much to remember to put everything in the jar)I think I did a pretty good job to get most of the important things in, some of which were:
- Andy getting a new job which suited his lifestyle, mental well being and family life
- Booking our holiday to Barcelona and along the Spanish Coast in the summer
- Adopting Dilly our beautiful rabbit whom we adore
- Alice overcoming bullies and learning some of life's tough lessons
- Me getting funding for attending a really important course to help develop my role in my job
- Alice running her first 5k race for life run in 42 minutes
- Andy saving up and buying a new bicycle and become cycle crazy, perfect for his health
- Alice being chosen for her end of year 7 drama production making a dramatic difference to her confidence after being picked on by a group of nasty little jealous girls
- Hanging washing on the line for the first time after the Winter on Easter Monday and loving that this signifies a deep joy within my soul as Summer is definitely coming
- Our new fitted kitchen is finally in at end of May
- Eating vegetarian haggis for the first time ever
- A rebate received from the tax man just in the nick of time
- Fiona tells us she is pregnant with her number two, a perfect opportunity to get hooking and knitting :o)
- I am fortunate enough to have won two give aways from fabulous blogs
- We discovered the joy of playing bananagrams as a family
The list goes on and on and I won't bore you with any more, it's time put 2013 into an envelope for safe keeping and to cut up little slips of paper and get ready for all the jolly good stuff that will be coming our way this new year. How about you? Do you do something similar? It's kind of like a memory jar without having to keep a detailed diary of events in your life. I have naturally focused more on Alice here as it's a great way to chronicle some of the sweet things in her lovely young life, however I try to make sure I add some from our grown up lives too.
I am definitely a glass half full kind of girl, what are you?
I would love to know.